Meet the Trainer:
Shawna Dowd KPA CTP, CDBC, PCBC-A
Shawna has been using positive reinforcement for over 10 years. She has trained in AKC Rally Obedience, Agility and Scent Work.
She is a proud alumni of the prestigious Karen Pryor Academy, and member of the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants, pledging to bring her clients the most current, science-backed training techniques. To fulfill this pledge, Shawna is a lifetime student, earning continuing education credits through various workshops and conferences taught by leading presenters from all over the world. She is excited to offer her services in Eagle, Idaho and the surrounding areas of Boise, Meridian and Star!
Shawna is proudly owned by three dogs – Gracie, an Australian Shepherd/Border Collie; Temperance, an Australian Cattle Dog mix; and Sir Nubbins, an Australian Shepherd – all of whom constantly afford her the opportunity to hone her training skills!
- Meridian Canine Rescue, Behavior Consultant/Trainer, Former member of Board of Directors
- Behavior Consultant/Trainer, Boise Bully Breed Rescue
- Behavior Consultant/Trainer, foster home, Australian Shepherd Rescue San Diego
Your trainer has trained her own dogs in rally obedience, scent work, and agility!
- Board of Directors, International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants
- Former member, Board of Directors, Meridian Canine Rescue
- Aussie Rescue SoCal
- San Diego Guide Dogs for the Blind
- Wounded Warriors
- Paw’sitive Teams
- San Diego Department of Animal Services
- San Diego Humane Society
Our Training Philosophy
We use positive reinforcement techniques. At Alliance Dog Training, we believe effective training can be fun – without using pain, fear or intimidation!
Certifications & Memberships
- Karen Pryor Academy (Certified Training Partner)
- International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (Certified Dog Behavior Consultant)
- Pet Professional Guild (Professional Canine Behavior Consultant – Accredited)